Monday, December 7, 2015

Our 2 Week(s): 22 Nov - 5 Dec

Sunday: We had Wesley's 9th birthday party today.  It was so much fun, and he really enjoyed himself.











Monday:  Worked on organizing pictures and getting ready for our trip this week.  I finished 4 scrapbook pages trying to get us caught up (I'm WAY behind with this) Each Monday I plan to work on it a little at a time.

We took a quick overnight trip to Huelva on the southern coast here in Spain.  We drove down to our first stop, La Tienda del Muelle to see the museum dedicated to Christopher Columbus.  They have replicas of each of the three ships that first sailed to "the New World".  We had a lot of fun exploring the area, then we drove down to our hotel... just down from the beach.  It was beautiful.  We walked over the sand dune just in time for sunset.  The beach was covered in shells.  The last time we were at one of the beaches in Spain, there were no shells, so we were all pretty excited to find some.  We decided to bring some of them home!
























And speaking of home... on our way back home, we decided to have a quick shopping trip to Rota (The big Navy base near us).  While we were walking around shopping, I started bleeding.  I didn't realize it until later, but I was about 12 weeks pregnant and had a miscarriage.  It is a really long story, and one I don't want to get into right now (although I'm sure I'll write a blog post about just this... later).  The short story is that I went into surgery, had some bleeding complications, was transferred to a local Spanish hospital, given lots of blood, stayed there for 4 days, came home.  Now I'm recuperating here at home and taking it easy.  That means that I kind of lost nearly a week, and we are slowly moving back into our regular lives.  Praise God I'm better and healing!!

Memaw's Visit Countdown:  11 Weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment