Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Park Quest - Regions

So I've mapped out all of the park locations and divided them (roughly) into different regions.  This way we can concentrate our efforts in a single location, and knock out more quests at a time.  I'm also going to read the descriptions and determine if the quests will take a whole day or if they can be done in half a day, so we'll know if we can do two in one day or if we'll need to allow extra time.

Western Maryland
  • Big Run State Park - 175 miles from me - Swanton, MD - A Treemendous Adventure - Camping (No cell service / no potable water) - Self-guided Quest

Mid-Western Maryland
  • Western Maryland Rail Trail - 95 miles from me - Big Pool, MD - Get Outside and Bike - 10 mile roundtrip bike or hike trail - Camping
  • South Mountain State Park - 66 miles from me - Middletown, MD - Operation Signal Station Decoded - Bonus Quest is AT! - Ice Cream upon completion

Central Maryland
  • History Quest - 26 miles from me - Edgemere, MD - Battle of North Point - Driving Quest 

North Eastern Maryland
  • Elk Neck State Park - 74 miles from me - North East, MD - Be A Chesapeake Bay Waterman - Camping - Bonus Quest Avalable
  • Fair Hill NRMA - 73 miles from me - Elkton, MD - Family Frolic in the Forest - Self-guided Quest
  • Susquehanna State Park - 54 miles from me - Havre de Grace, MD - Stepping Stones Through the Past - Not available on June 21st

Alone in the Middle East! :)
  • Tuckahoe State Park - 59 miles from me - Queen Anne, MD - The Great Tuckahoe Canoe Clue Pursuit - Canoe Quest - Camping

Eastern Shore Maryland (on the peninsula part)

Eastern Maryland (mainland part)

We have looked over the list, and checked out calendar for the next week, and opening weekend, Memorial Day weekend, we should be able to cross off two quests.  Including one with our friends on Monday morning... YAY!

Happy Hiking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment